As your business grows and expands, it’s not uncommon to find yourself outgrowing the low-voltage capacity of your power company, too. When it’s time to upgrade your facility to medium voltage electrical service, Hilscher-Clarke can manage your project from system design to final installation.
By installing your own substation, you’ll experience a number of benefits, including:
- Cost savings: By taking responsibility for a higher voltage feed, you could save up to 30% on your power bill each month – resulting in a complete return on investment in 1-3 years.
- Reliability: Subtransmission power is a more reliable source of electricity. Since power companies make great efforts to protect higher voltage lines, power outages are extremely rare.
- Control: By controlling the power that enters your facility, you’ll no longer be reliant on the power company to resolve issues of dirty power, voltage drop and phase loss.
- Power factor correction: By installing a capacitor bank with your new substation, you can correct your power factor for the entire facility. This eliminates any additional charges you may currently be incurring from the power company.
When you choose Hilscher-Clarke for your substation design-build, we start by calculating your electricity usage. Then, we meet with your power company to plan the substation installation. After we provide a detailed quote, you can opt for us to start construction immediately.
Our turn-key installation approach means we take responsibility for every step, from start to finish. That includes:
- Site surveys
- Utility company approval
- Engineered drawings approval
- Coordinating with subcontractors, local authorities and utility companies
- Complete installation
After installation is complete, our team is always available to maintain your system – whether it’s a 24/7 service call or a service maintenance contract.